GARDEN GROVE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Bolsa Grande / Garden Grove / La Quinta / Los Amigos / Pacifica / Rancho Alamitos / Santiago
Athletic Clearance Information
Any student interested in competing in an after school sport at any of the Garden Grove Unified School District high schools must complete the following steps before being allowed to practice, tryout, or compete for any team at any level:
- Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form – A Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form must be filled out and signed by the parent and completed by a licensed medical doctor (M.D. or D.O. only).
- Athletic Insurance Information Statement – The State of California requires athletes to have at least $1,500 of medical and hospitalization insurance coverage. You must sign the waiver and provide the insurance information requested on the waiver form. If your student is not appropriately covered, you may purchase insurance. Insurance brochures are available from the Athletic Department.
(IF YOU CHOOSE TO PURCHASE THE SCHOOL/ATHLETIC INSURANCE, PLEASE RETURN THE INSURANCE ENVELOPE TO THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT, WHERE IT WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY. DO NOT MAIL THE ENVELOPE YOURSELF).
- Garden Grove Unified School District Athletic Code – Philosophy and Regulations – This is a concise set of rules and guidelines every athlete must follow. The Athletic Code form must be signed by the parent and student. This is part of the on-line clearance.
- Athletic Residency/Transfer Eligibility – Complete and sign this affidavit of residency/transfer. Signature of athlete and parent is required. This is part of the on-line clearance.
- Acknowledgment of Risk in Athletics – This informed consent form must be signed by the parent as part of the on-line clearance process at (athleticclearance.com). The consent to participate will remain in force throughout your student’s years in the Garden Grove Unified School District unless you submit a new consent form that modifies the original.
- Purchase a Student Body Card – ASB card sales help fund the athletic program and the school’s award program. Student body cards may be purchased during enrollment or at any time from the bookstore. (Optional)
- Athletic Eligibility – Students must have a 2.0 GPA in the previous grading period/quarter or they may not compete until the next grading period/quarter (9 weeks).
- Concussion Information Sheet - Must be read and signed by the student-athlete and parent as part of the on-line clearance process at (athleticclearance.com).
ALL ATHLETES NEED TO FILL THE ABOVE FORMS OUT ON: Athleticclearance.com
At Risk and other forms can be ELECTRONICALLY SIGNED as part of the On-Line clearance process on athleticclearance.com.
Note: All athletes will be allowed to use one probationary period during their athletic career at Bolsa Grande. If you used the athletic probationary period at another school, you will not be able to use it at our school. This probationary period is only good for one quarter. A 2.0-grade point average must be maintained to continue to participate.